Thursday, June 14, 2012

Europe.

So it's official, I'm Europe-bound later this summer!  I booked my tickets to fly into and out of Berlin between mid-August and early September, and will be spending the three weeks city hopping around Europe.  

Berlin Cathedral

Should be fun!  Baz is heading back earlier (mid-July), so that will be tough not having him around for a month, but then he's going to meet up with me in Berlin and we're going to travel around together, then I'll head back to the US and he'll continue traveling (possibly) until the beginning of October, when he can come back here.

Baz and I in approximately two and a half months time


So far, we're hoping to visit Amsterdam, Paris, Barcelona, Lisbon, Madeira, Reykjavic, and Copenhagen, amongst other cities.  Steering clear of the UK due to his intense hatred of the motherland (?), also Greece since who the hell knows whats going on in Greece right now.  Istanbul might be on the list, though.

I became a total geek and bought a backpack for the trip.  Shampoo/soap bars to minimize liquids.  Travel towel.  And I'm not even done.  I'm a mad, cheap, and eager traveler and I've never traveled long-term before in my life.  I've got a lot of stuff to buy.

Istanbul.  Just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment