Monday, October 10, 2011

I caved and bought some yarn.

I'm pretty sure I've got two rolls of yarn under my bed (if I recall correctly, in black and in purple), but I wanted better quality and colors.  However, yarn is kinda sorta hard to find in the city, and if you do it's pretty expensive, to boot.  So I decided to head over to Michaels instead.  That place is joyful...I spent an hour in their yarn aisles (yes, multiple aisles devoted to colorful pretty yarn!) and eventually settled on two skeins of turquoise/peacock blue and one skein of a wool with a mixed blend of autumn colors (goldenrod, reds, smokey black, taupe, etc).  Oh, AND got to use a 50% off coupon for the fall colored yarn (making it $2.99).  The blue yarn was on sale at 2 for $5, so I spent $7.99 in total for all my yarn.  My inner artist AND my inner asian is happy.


Realized after that I was pretty close to Old Navy, as well.  Been meaning to get some new jeans since none of my old pairs fit me anymore.  After nine pairs of jeans, I found out I was a size 8.  This is pretty amazing, since I have spent my entire life being double digits.  When I started wearing jeans (I want to say middle school?) I was a size 12/13, and pretty much hovered at a size 13/14 throughout high school and college.  I got down to a solid size 12 when I started working butt-busting retail, but I also ate like crap because I had no time to cook due to work/school, so I kind of leveled out there.

Then, about four months ago, I started (randomly, one day) counting my calories and actually looking at what I ate.  Took up walking laps in the park by my house (usually 2-3 miles each morning).  Started eating a lot more vegetables because of the CSA I'm a member of.  Lost about 15 pounds just from doing that for a few months.  I haven't tracked my calories for the last few weeks or so (trip to San Francisco got in the way, plus I just got lazy), but I still eat pretty well (though I have been letting cookies get the best of me as of late) and haven't gained any of it back in that time period.  I slacked off entirely on the exercise, though, and I absolutely NEED to get back on track with that.  No excuses!

Anyhow, I walked out of Old Navy with a pair of size 8 longs, and felt so happy.  Well, not really walked out, I did pay for them.  Hell, the pants even felt slightly baggy in the hips and butt (I am sorely lacking in the booty department), but comfortable in the waist, so who knows? Maybe I'm on the way down to a 6.  How nuts would that be.  Oh also, jeans were on sale for $19.98.  Awesome.

So, an eventful day of shopping, with much happiness and savings all around.  What more could a girl ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment